- To love God, and to love others (Matthew 22:37-40).
- To serve and to minister to others in Christian love (Matthew 25:34-40).
- To obey the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
- We believe that all 66 books of the Bible are the only inspired word of God to the world, and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe that God is one, but reveals Himself thorough the persons of the Trinity as The Father, The Son as Jesus, and The Holy Spirit. Furthermore, we believe that each person of this Trinity is God (1 Corinthians 8:6; Romans 1:7; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1; Acts 5:3; Hebrews 9:14; John 4:24).
- We believe that God is the creator of all things, is all-powerful, all-knowing, and in control to do as He wills (Jeremiah 32:17; Ephesians 3:20; Psalm 139:1-4; 1 Samuel 2:6-9; Psalm 24:1).
- We believe that Jesus was literally conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin named Mary (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:26-33).
- We believe that Jesus lived a sinless life (1 Peter 2:22; 1 John 3:5).
- We believe that all of humanity has fallen short of God’s glory and is in need of salvation; hence the reason Jesus came to the earth (Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23; Romans 5:8; John 14:6).
- We believe that those who die without salvation go to a literal place called Hell (Psalm 9:17; Psalm 73:12-19; Luke 16:23.26; John 12:48).
- We believe that salvation is in none other than through the name, person, work, and grace of Jesus Christ (John 14:6; John 3:16; Romans 5:8).
- We believe that those who belong to Christ will inherit eternal life in a literal Kingdom of Heaven (Isaiah 65; Zechariah 14).
- We believe that Jesus will return to gather His people, as well as the resurrection of the dead in Christ at His return (1 Corinthians 15:21-23).
- We believe in the water baptism of believers in Christ (Acts 2:38-41; Acts 22:16).
- We believe in the observance of communion (the bread and the cup) as a means to remember our Lord (1 Corinthians. 11:24).
- We believe that Christ is the Head of the church, which should be governed by Him (Ephesians 5:23).
- We believe that all of Christ’s ministers are servant-leaders, not dictators (John 13:3-16; Philippians 2:3-8).
- We believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today, for the common good of building up the church (1 Corinthians 12; 1 Corinthians 14).
- We believe that all Christians are one in Jesus Christ, and that God uses both men and women to exercise the giftings of the Holy Spirit, including teaching and leadership (Galatians 3:28-29).
AHCF Statement of Faith